Tips For Promoting AOM Day
How can you or your organization help create greater awareness about acupuncture and Oriental medicine? Here are some ideas to get you started:
For the public:
- Invite an Oriental medicine practitioner to address fellow employees, students or civic/religious organization members about the potential benefits of acupuncture and other Oriental medicine modalities such as Chinese herbology, Asian bodywork therapy, etc.
For practitioners or educational institutions:
- Host an open house. Invite members of the public to tour your office or institution. This is especially useful for educational institutions since it may also attract potential students.
- Contact your local library to see what books or reference material about acupuncture and Oriental medicine are in its collection. Ask the librarians to organize a display. Offer to give a lecture. Consider making a donation of books and inviting the local media to cover the presentation.
- Volunteer to provide a free lecture to civic/religious
organizations, schools/colleges, libraries, large businesses or healthcare facilities.
- Exhibit or distribute informational material at health fairs and/or job fairs.
- Contact local school guidance counselors, deans, and/or science teachers. Invite them and their students who are interested in a career in acupuncture or Oriental medicine to tour your office or institution.
For practitioners, educational institutions or state/local associations:
- Contact your local government officials (mayor, governor) about proclaiming October 24 as Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day and encourage their participation in local activities.
- Place a link from your Web site to the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day site at www.aomday.org
You are invited to link to the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day Web site and to use this free graphic.
Working with media - sample press release
Seeking a Proclamation
Booklets and Brochures
How To Get The Most Out Of AOM Day
8 Strategies To Attract New Patients